Reviewer benefits & expectations
These are the benefits and expectations for NIC members.
For all NIC members:
- Regular progress reports from Reset.
- Access to the Reset application system with the ability to view any application considered by the NIC.
- Ability to see the formal determination messages from Reset for any application considered by the NIC.
- Opportunity to engage Reset team directly on any strategic and operational aspects.
- Invitation to periodic NIC-only calls.
- Ability to represent themselves as a part of Reset.
For active members:
- All of the above.
- Agency to directly influence the final determination of Reset decisions on Open Call applications sent to the NIC.
- Ability to submit a review for any application currently under consideration.
- Opportunity to attend our annual gathering with expenses paid by Reset.
- Opportunity to attend other supported events, with expenses paid by Reset.
- Opportunity to receive an annual honorarium.
- Represent yourself as a proud and integral part of Reset as a member of Reset’s “Network Investment Council” or “Council”;
- Submit six (6) or more application reviews within your term as a member;
- Elevate Reset within your existing communities and help interconnect others when possible;
- Provide us with your high/low strategic/tactical feedback whenever you have it on any and all topics affecting Reset, good or bad, whenever they come to you;
- Abide by our Non-Disclosure Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy for reviewers, as well as our Code of Conduct;
- Non-required (but hoped for!):
- Attend (on us) any hosted council meetups we support; and,
- Consider requests to aid Reset partner organisations.
- That we will maintain this online Handbook/Onboarding document for your reference;
- That we will offer to conduct personal training sessions with anyone who requests it on key considerations and how to review applications;
- That we will only send a batch of proposals for review as described in this Guide and consult you if we need to change;
- That every now and again, in urgent situations, we may send a proposal or two in between periods for your review;
- That we will set deadlines of no less than two weeks to review proposals (and send you plenty of reminders!);
- That we will ensure the application system makes it very clear which proposals need to be reviewed (those with less than 2 NIC member reviews);
- That we will ensure all active NIC members have full access to every proposal we have ever asked to be NIC-reviewed (that is every effort we have ever supported, as well as the ones we said no to) along with the formal determination messages sent to applicants;
- That we will send an email briefing every two months containing: (a) new efforts we have approved and why; (b) which efforts have concluded and key outcomes; (c) new, probably not-yet-public efforts/ideas upcoming we would like you to know about and get your thoughts on; (d) some of the most important news we have seen; and (e) where Reset team members will be in the next couple months for you to meet with;
- That we will send an invitation every four months to help craft the agenda for and participate in an online video session to dig into Reset topics high and low;
- That we will send an annual invitation to attend (on us) Reset-supported events; and
- That we will come find you whenever we find ourselves in shared spaces throughout the year!